Ship My Products To:
Display Language In:
Don't see your Country? See other options
Serving Size: 2 Softgel(s)
Shop. Earn. Save.
As if good health wasn't rewarding enough...
When you sign up for a MyLucky account, you’ll start automatically accruing LuckyReward Points for every qualifying item purchased online at LuckyVitamin.com or through our toll-free number 1-888-635-0474.
Keeping track of your LuckyReward points is super easy. Access your MyLucky account at any time to see just how many points you’ve racked up to date. Once you’ve earned 500 LuckyReward Points be on the lookout for a LuckyRewards gift certificate code that will be automatically delivered to you via email. Simple, no?
LuckyReward Gift Certificates can be used towards future LuckyVitamin.com purchases and (are you ready for this?) can totally be combined with other offers. Please note that LuckyReward gift certificate codes are valid for 60 days post-receipt.
We get it, you ordered something and it's not what you thought. No sweat, all products - opened or not - can be returned for any reason. Send the items back to us within 90 days and we'll refund your money. LuckyVitamin brand products can be returned within 1 year! Learn More
A.C. Grace - Unique Omega Krill Oil - 60 Softgels
A.C. Grace - Unique Omega Krill Oil - 60 Softgels
A.C. Grace Unique Omega Krill Oil contains pure oil from Antarctic Krill, providing an optimal combination of Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids and critical antioxidants to support heart and joint health. Unlike fish oil, the Omega-3 fatty acids in A.C. Grace Unique Omega Krill Oil are absorbed and carried to the body’s cells in phospholipid form. Phospholipids form the structural basis of cell membranes and are effectively utilized by the body.
Benefits and Suggested Uses
The Science Behind the Product
Omega-3 - essential fatty acids in diet: The long-chain Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids DHA and EPA are popularly called Omega-3. Supplementary intake of Omega-3 is recommended in the western world, due to generally low dietary intake and Omega-3’s health-promoting benefits. Benefits attributed to Omega-3 include reduced risk and improved treatment outcomes regarding cardiovascular disease and inflammatory joint diseases. Better brain and central nervous system development, improved cognitive functioning, and improved skin health are additional benefits. Research indicates that even more Omega-3 benefits for individuals will be identified and that greater intake can lead to better general health.
Antarctic Krill – an important source of Omega-3: UNIQUE OMEGA KRILL OIL is extracted from the Antarctic krill species Euphausia superba, which is rich in Omega-3. Moreover, the Omega-3 in krill oil is mainly in the Omega-3 phospholipid form, which research suggests is a preferred dietary supplement when compared to Omega-3 in triglyceride form in dietary supplements mostly derived from fish, such as fish body oil and cod liver oil.
Fatty acids in the body: The human body contains large amounts of fatty acids. A general distinction can be made: Phospholipid fatty acids are key structural and functional components of cells throughout the body, whereas specialized adipose tissue cells — the body’s energy storehouses —store triglyceride fatty acids. Because Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids cannot be synthesized in the body, dietary intake of these essential fatty acids influences their relative concentration in adipose tissue storage.
Phospholipids - key structural and functional roles: Phospholipid fatty acids are key structural components of human cells and play a vital role in membrane functioning. Systemic transport pathways and, especially, the transport of molecules across cell membranes and sub-cellular membranes involve phospholipids. Thus, the functioning of the body’s cells, tissues, and organs is affected by the bioavailability of various phospholipid fatty acids.
Powerful antioxidants: Astaxanthin and Canthaxanthin are also found in Antarctic krill oil. These antioxidants are a potent weapon in fighting free radicals, which have been implicated in encouraging the growth of cancerous cells. It’s claimed that the antioxidants in Antarctic krill oil are 300 times greater than vitamins A and E, and 48 times greater than the antioxidants in fish oil.
- Which products should I take to get all 8 parts of vitamin E? Doctors suggest taking the Mixed Tocopherols in the morning with your meal and the Tocotreinols in the evening with your meal. This will give you the full benefits of the eight isomers in vitamin E – alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocopherol, and alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocotrienol. Many studies show that the key isomers in vitamin E are alpha and gamma, with delta and beta present to a lesser degree.
- Do you agree with the Linus Pauling protocol of combining your Vitamin E with Vitamin C supplementation? We understand the Linus Pauling protocol has been very effective with some patients who use it. In fact, we have a testimonial of a longtime customer, Carol Smith, who has a wonderful story to tell. We are sure Carol would be very willing to share her experiences with you. If would like us to check with her, please let us know.
- Is the Mixed Tocopherols Oil better than (or different from) taking a capsule? The Mixed Tocopherols Oil is exactly the same vitamin E oil that is in the capsules. We developed the liquid version for vegetarians and customers who prefer to not swallow capsules, as well as for adjustable dosing to children and pets. If you have no difficulty swallowing capsules and are happy with the product, you may want to keep buying the capsules. However, the pump bottle makes it easier to enjoy the TOPICAL benefit—fantastic for use on stressed skin and general moisturizing. Before we developed the liquid, people would cut open the capsules to apply topically. Now, with the 1-oz pump bottle, you can apply it more easily. Each 1-oz bottle is the equivalent of 39 capsules of 400 IU of vitamin E (.75ml or slightly more than 1/8 teaspoon = 400IU).
- How do you dispense the Mixed Tocopherols Oil? The Mixed Tocopherols Oil has a pump dispenser built in. For measuring very small doses, you may take the pump off and pour or even use an eyedropper if you wish. Though we recommend not taking the pump off unless you plan to use the product up within a few months due to the possibility of oxidation. Leaving the pump on protects the product from the air.
- Is there any risk of plastic leaching with the pump bottle? The container is white opaque glass – we use glass for the very reason you are concerned with.
- Is it safe to take the Mixed Tocopherols and the Tocotrienols at the same time? It is safe, however, it is recommended by our doctors that you take your Tocopherols in the morning with your breakfast and take your Tocotrienols in the evening with your dinner (or at least 2 hours apart from each other). This is simply to optimize your body’s absorption of the tocotrienols. It has been found that alpha-tocopherol inhibits the absorption of tocotrienols in the gut wall, thus rendering the tocotrienols less effective.
- Which are better UNIQUE Mixed Tocopherols Concentrate or UNIQUE E Tocotrienols? What is the difference between the tocopherols and the tocotrienols? Vitamin E has eight isomers in its molecular chain --- alpha, beta, gamma and delta Tocopherols, and alpha, beta, gamma and delta Tocotrienols. Our products are designed to separate the tocopherols as our Mixed Tocopherols Concentrate and the tocotrienols (from the Annatto Bean) as our Tocotrienols. Our doctors inform us that each product has beneficial value to the human body in different ways. They suggest that if you want to choose between the two products, to continue providing the maximum E benefits provided by our Mixed Tocopherols Concentrate, which have been recognized for over 50 years. However, our Tocotrienols are also very beneficial for focusing on specific health areas such as maintaining healthy cholesterol and blood glucose levels. We recommend taking the two products apart from each other (Tocopherols in the morning with your meal, and Tocotrienols in the evening with your meal). As always, with any dietary supplement, it is a good idea to discuss specific health questions with your doctor. If you would like us to direct you to one of our doctors who use and provide our E products to their patients, for more information, we will be happy to do that.
- Are your products certified Kosher? The products are themselves not Kosher certified, but all of the ingredients and production facilities are. That is why they are referred as “Kosher friendly.”
- Is the gelatin in your capsules Kosher? What are your capsules made from? The gelatin capsules on our products are Bovine. They are not Kosher in the sense that they specifically have been certified by a Rabbi. But the gelatin itself is Kosher and is the best available product available. The facility where the encapsulation is done is certified Kosher. An option is to use our Mixed Tocopherols Oil product, which is certified Kosher, and Vegan.
- Where does your beef gelatin come from? Our bovine gelatin is a protein found in the hooves, bones, and connective tissues of cows. A. C. Grace Company has always used bovine (beef) gelatin to be able to provide our products to customers who have dietary restrictions in regards to pork products. Pork gelatin is more readily available, and less costly for companies to use in production. Just as we go the extra mile in our distillation process to provide ONLY PURE VITAMIN E OIL, we also choose to avoid the 'cheap' gelatin for our softgels. Though the capsules themselves are not Kosher, the gelatin used in them is Kosher. Furthermore, we continue to work with our suppliers to find a vegetarian softgel solution. The problem (good problem) is that because our Vitamin E oil is so viscous (thick) due to its purity, we have not been able to find a vegetarian capsule material that will contain the oil without cracking the softgel and ultimately leaking. Keep in mind, we also offer our Mixed Tocopherols Oil product, which is certified Kosher and Vegan.
- Is this product vegetarian? Yes, the oil inside the capsules is Certified Vegetarian. The capsule itself is beef soft gelatin. Our Mixed Tocopherols Oil product is Certified Vegan. You can cut open the capsules if you’d like. We also have the same E in a 1-oz pump bottle made specifically for people who wish to have a vegetarian form and for those that do not wish to swallow a capsule.
- Do your tocotrienol capsules contain delta tocotrienol? The ingredients in our Tocotrienol product are: Pure Annatto Tocotrienol (90% delta-tocotrienol and 10% gamma-tocotrienol), beef gelatin, glycerin, and water (for the capsule).
- What is the source of your Vitamin E?
- Mixed Tocopherols – the source for the Vitamin E in this product is soybean oil. However, A.C. Grace uses a proprietary distillation process that extracts all soy oil out of the Vitamin E oil, thus providing a pure, natural form. So, inside the capsule or pump bottle is a pure, natural concentrate mix of alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocopherols with no fillers, additives, colors, wheat, gluten, soy oil, soy protein or flax. Our capsules are a beef gelatin. Our product is certified to be PCR-negative which is the industry recognized classification for products that have been produced and distilled to remove any and all contaminates that could affect purity.
- Tocotrienols – the source for the Vitamin E in this product is the Annatto Bean. The same processes are used to provide a pure Tocotrienol product with NO fillers, additives, colors, wheat, gluten, soy oil, soy protein or flax. Our capsules are a beef gelatin.
- Is there any Vitamin D in your Mixed Tocopherols products? None whatsoever! UNIQUE E MIXED TOCOPHEROLS CONCENTRATE is PURE Vitamin E Oil only.
- Is your product an un-esterified all natural mixed tocopherol form of Vitamin E? Yes! UNIQUE E MIXED TOCOPHEROLS CONCENTRATE is un-esterified, pure, natural and high in gamma- and alpha-tocopherol, with proprietary amounts of beta- and delta-tocopherol. It is the full complex of tocopherols as obtained through diet and used by the body. Because it is pure (with NO allergens, fillers, colors, wheat, gluten, soy oil, soy protein or flax) it provides maximum Vitamin E benefit to the body.
- Is your product truly soy free? Although our product is derived from soybeans, it does not contain any soy DNA protein because they are destroyed during distillation. Our product is certified to be PCR-negative which is the industry recognized classification for products that have been produced and distilled to remove any and all contaminates that could affect purity. Scientists state that there is no difference between a GMO and non-GMO product that is PCR-negative.
- Do the Mixed Tocopherols products contain all 4 tocopherols? Our Mixed Tocopherols are a natural concentrate mix of All FOUR tocopherol isomers (alpha, beta, gamma and delta) with no fillers, additives, colors, wheat, gluten, soy oil, soy protein or flax.
- What are your capsules made of? Our capsules are a beef gelatin. Certified to be free of any concern about “mad cow” issues. As listed on out label, the capsules themselves are made of beef gelatin, glycerin, and water.
- Is there any flax oil in your products? Regarding the source and contents of our Mixed Tocopherols – the source for the product is soy bean oil. However, A.C. Grace uses a proprietary distillation process that extracts all soy oil out of the Vitamin E oil, thus providing a pure, natural form. So, inside the capsule or pump bottle is a pure, natural concentrate mix of alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocopherols with no fillers, additives, colors, wheat, gluten soy oil, soy protein or flax. Our capsules are a beef gelatin. The pump bottle is perfect for use if you do not wish to consume the beef gelatin capsule.
- Does UNIQUE E contain tyrosine? Rest assured that UNIQUE E Mixed Tocopherols Concentrate does not contain any tyrosine.
Product Handling and Dosages
- What is the serving size of the Unique E? The serving size of our UNIQUE E Mixed Tocopherols Concentrate is 1 capsule = 700mg and delivers 400 I.U. of Alpha-Tocopherol. The serving size of our UNIQUE E Tocotrienols is 1 capsule = 125mg.
- Do the mixed tocopherols need to be stored in the refrigerator after opening? No they don't, but its recommended keeping them in a cool, dry cupboard away from heat and sun.
- What is the shelf life of your capsule products? The shelf life of nutritional supplements is indicated near the UPC code on the label. There is normally a date stamp that shows the month and year of “recommended” expiry. We use a 2 or 3-year time stamp by regulation. However, because UNIQUE E is pure, our products have no fillers, diluents, vegetable oil, or other additives that may turn the product rancid. What turns vitamin E rancid (causing it to expire) is the additional oils contained along with the vitamin E. As mentioned before, we do not have any extra oils – it is pure vitamin E oil that does not turn rancid. One of the best ways to check you capsules is to bite into one – it should have a mild bland taste.
- What is the recommend dosage for the Mixed Tocopherols Oil? Each 1-oz bottle is the equivalent of 39 capsules of 400 I.U. of vitamin E (.75ml or slightly more than 1/8 teaspoon = 400I.U.).
- How many .75ml servings are in a bottle of UNIQUE E Mixed Tocopherols Oil?There are 39 servings (.75ml or slightly more than 1/8 teaspoon = 400 I.U.) in the 1-oz bottle.
- How can I dispense a very small dose of the Mixed Tocopherols Oil? You can dispense from the 1-oz bottle using the pump attached – .75ml or slightly more than 1/8 teaspoon equals 1 capsule (400 I.U. of alpha-tocopherol + gamma, beta and delta). You can take the pump off and pour or even use an eye dropper if you wish. We recommend not taking the pump off unless you plan to use the product up with a few months due to the possibility of oxidation. Leaving the pump on protects the product from the air.
- How many Mixed Tocopherols capsules should I take each day? The serving size of our UNIQUE E Mixed Tocopherols Concentrate is 1 capsule = 700mg. Our label suggests 1 capsule per day. This is for a standard maintenance program that provides more than the suggest RDA listed by the FDA. If someone has specific health goals, additional capsules may be taken under the guidance of a physician. Our dosage recommendations on our website are suggestions from many of the doctors who use and recommend our products. It is always recommended to consult with your doctor when changing anything in your diet that may affect any health challenges you have. Also keep in mind, the most important thing to consider when taking Vitamin E is the type of E that you take. The more pure it is, with the least amount of fillers, allergens, colors, wheat, gluten or soy oil, the more bio-available it is to the body. If an E product contains vegetable oil as filler, that oil can turn rancid, thus reducing the beneficial qualities of the product regardless of dosage.
- Is it appropriate for my doctor to recommend increasing my Vitamin E dosage to 1,000 I.U.? Your doctor likely has a reason for their suggestion to you -- you may wish to discuss your question directly with them. Our dosage recommendations on our website are suggestions from many of the doctors who use and recommend our products. We have heard of successful “therapeutic doses” of Vitamin E. However, under FDA guidelines, we cannot provide any direct advice on specific health conditions.
- Can I squeeze the Vitamin E out of the capsule onto a spoon and take it this way?YES! People have been doing that for 50 years if they do not wish to take the beef gelatin capsule. You can even put it in your cereal. People also cut open capsules to use our UNIQUE E™ as a topical application for stressed skin and general moisturizing. We also have the VERY SAME vitamin E in our 1-oz pump bottle – designed specifically for people like you who do not wish to consume a capsule, or may enjoy vegetarian products.
- How palatable is taking the oil straight? Because our Vitamin E Oil is pure and natural with nothing else in it, it has a very bland, non-descript taste. It will not taste rancid or harsh due to the fact that all impurities have been distilled out. We have many customers who put their E in their cereal. If you take it orally, you may wish to follow it with a piece of food, which will break down the oil that may be left in your mouth.
- Do you recommend using UNIQUE E as a skin care product, on my face? By all means! For 50 years our customers have been using our UNIQUE E on their faces! That is why we introduced a 1-oz bottle to help deliver the product without having to cut or prick the capsule (although you can still do this). UNIQUE E is high in GAMMA and ALPHA Tocopherols which have been shown to work so well together for skin care as well as internal health. Doctors recommend UNIQUE E for use on stressed skin and as a moisturizer. The product is very thick, so if you want to thin it you can use Glycerin or Aloe Vera Gel to do this. The product will still absorb into your skin very effectively. Also, we developed a product specifically for your skin. UNIQUE E Natural Moisturizer is infused with UNIQUE E and other ALL-NATURAL ingredients. We are excited about this product because we have had so many requests and strive to provide the very best products to our friends!
- Can UNIQUE E help with severe cardiovascular challenges? This question should be discussed with your primary health care professional. If you do not have a doctor to discuss this with, we may be able to direct you to one of our doctors that understand how vitamin E interacts with various medications and existing health challenges. Our founder, Roy Erickson, took UNIQUE E until he died of old age at the age of 93.
- Can this product replace any pharmaceuticals? This question should be discussed with your primary health care professional. If you do not have a doctor or nutritionist to discuss this with, we may be able to direct you to one of our trusted partners that understand how vitamin E interacts with various medications and existing health conditions.
- Is there a synergistic relationship of UNIQUE E with fish oil? The UNIQUE E & fish oil relationship is not actually a synergy but rather a protection. Fish oil easily oxidizes and becomes damaging rather than helpful. Having an adequate level of E complex in the blood serves to protect the oil so that it can circulate around and do its extremely beneficial job without quickly oxidizing. As long as you take an adequate dose of UNIQUE E every day, so that it is always in your blood stream (it will be there for 24 hours+) there is no particular need to take it at the same time that you take your fish oil. Oil based supplements are probably best absorbed when taken with larger fatty meals as a general rule.
- For headaches, can Vitamin E take the place of any drug such as Advil or Motrin?
The Mixed Tocopherols Concentrate capsules are very helpful for general whole health because they are high Alpha- and Gamma-Tocopherols, which provide antioxidant benefits and support the blood’s oxygenating capabilities. However, any question about specific health challenges should be discussed with your primary health care professional. If you do not have a doctor to discuss this with, we may be able to direct you to one of our doctors who understand how vitamin E interacts with various health issues.
- Can I take coral calcium at the same time I take the Vitamin E? There are many products available on the market that include Vitamin E in the same capsule as Coral Calcium. By taking UNIQUE E you are receiving the maximum benefit a Vitamin E product (Mixed Tocopherols) can provide. And because it is free from any fillers (fillers can cause rancidity and resulting free radicals in your body), other supplements will be more appropriately absorbed. As with any supplement regimen it is always a good idea to discuss any dietary changes with your doctor or nutritionist. If you do not have a doctor you wish to discuss this with, we may be able to direct you to one of the thousands of doctors that use our UNIQUE E.
- Can this Vitamin E help open blocked arteries? We cannot make recommendations to replace pharmaceuticals. We recommend that you discuss this with your primary health care professional; however we are confident that UNIQUE E is an excellent source of Vitamin E and furthermore, it has been on the market since 1962. If you do not have a doctor to discuss this with, we may be able to direct you to one of our doctors who understand how Vitamin E interacts with various health challenges and medications.
- Can I take your Vitamin E while nursing? Most definitely. Since Vitamin E is very poorly transferred across the placental membrane, the newborn depends upon the Vitamin E contained in colostrum and milk to meet its Vitamin E needs. Since the mother cannot synthesize Vitamin E, she depends upon her diet to meet her Vitamin E needs. It has been shown that supplemental Vitamin E and mixed tocopherols as found in UNIQUE E are an excellent source of Vitamin E and a very good way to assure that the infant is getting adequate Vitamin E in the milk. As far as toxicity is concerned, there are NO data suggesting that pregnant or lactating women should not take Vitamin E supplements.
- Can vitamin E build up in your system to a harmful level? Regarding toxicity – many vitamin E products have been shown to build up in the liver. However, UNIQUE E is a pure, all-natural form of Vitamin E and contains no additional oils that could do this. Our E gets right to work in your body, and what isn’t used by the cells is passed out of your system and not stored in the liver.
Why We Need Vitamin E
Vitamin E is the body's naturally occurring lubricant as well as a very powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals in the body. Free radicals are the naturally occurring byproducts of many metabolic functions in the body. We are also exposed to free radicals through environmental factors. The body has built-in systems for rendering these particles harmless and flushing them out as waste. Vitamin E is vital for its antioxidant effects and its ability to support cardiovascular wellness, cellular membrane function and integrity, and many other aspects of whole health.
Why the Modern Diet Tends to Run Low on Vitamin E
Around the year 1900, the average American consumed at least 100 I.U. (international units) of natural Vitamin E each day. The primary source for Vitamin E was stone ground whole wheat bread. However, in the late 1800's the rolling mill was invented. The machine separated the wheat germ from the wheat bran leaving only the kernel. This provided nice white flour and it became very popular. However, this milling process removed many of the vital nutrients essential to our bodies, including the majority of the Vitamin E, as the wheat germ and wheat bran contained these nutrients.
Stone ground wheat also turned rancid very quickly and by removing the wheat germ and wheat bran, the product could be packaged in five or ten pound packages and dramatically extended its shelf life. This made the product much easier to store and sell, but it also robbed the body of some very essential nutrients. Besides breads, Vitamin E has been taken out of virtually all foods found at grocery stores as the Vitamin E will cause the food to turn rancid much more quickly, which diminishes the shelf life of the products. Vitamin E is the only substance that is not added back into most foods as this creates a significant problem in the distribution and shelf life of these products. Roy Erickson, founder of A.C. Grace Company, saw the direct link between the increase of heart health challenges and the stripping of Vitamin E from our foods. Since 1900 (about the same time as the invention of the rolling mill), heart health challenges have increased significantly. Mr. Erickson firmly believed if everyone took Vitamin E, it would change the health of America!
Doctors and medical researchers agree as well, recommending high quality Vitamin E supplementation especially for those who wish to support heart health. But not all Vitamin E supplements are created equal. Many are poorly manufactured and turn rancid, rendering their health benefits negligible. Be sure to research and find a brand that is high quality. We’re certain that when you understand the science and care put into UNIQUE E, you’ll choose our product for your heart health, metabolic support, and general whole health goals.
How is UNIQUE E Unique?
There are six major types of Vitamin E supplements on the market. They're NOT ALL ALIKE . . . Vitamin E activity doesn't come from one single molecule, but from a family of related molecules called tocopherols and tocotrienols. There are four tocopherols (alpha, beta, gamma, and delta) and four tocotrienols (alpha, beta, gamma, and delta), of which only alpha-tocopherol was recognized in the 1960s, by the government, to have Vitamin E activity, which is measured in International Units (I.U.s). Consequently, because of that decision only the alpha-tocopherol portion of a Vitamin E product is considered "Vitamin E," so, the I.U. content of Vitamin E supplements generally refers to only alpha-tocopherol.
Following is a list of the major available types of Vitamin E supplements on the market today:
UNIQUE E is a proprietary formula that has been specifically designed to provide optimum assimilation and maximum health benefits. We adhere to strict quality control measures, including third party independent assay, to ensure our products are made according to our strict, proprietary formula. A.C. Grace has been providing UNIQUE E for fifty years! The product has proven itself over that many years and has never changed.
Comparison of Tocotrienols and Tocopherols
Until recently, there had not been much discussion of the tocotrienol portion of the vitamin E family. This is due to several factors, but the most significant is the emphasis of alpha tocopherol at the expense of the rest of the vitamin E complex. Current research suggests that tocotrienols serve as antioxidants and also have other important non-antioxidant functions such as helping to maintain healthy cholesterol levels, promoting healthy cellular growth and function, and helping regulate cell adhesion. All of these promising benefits have caused some to ask whether the tocotrienols are more important than the tocopherols. Others have insisted that vitamin E supplements should consist of both the tocopherols and tocotrienols in order to provide vitamin E “as found in nature.”
The following examines the implications of tocotrienol research to date.
Vitamin E is a family of eight molecular structures that consist of a chromanol "head” and side-chain “tail.” Of these eight molecules, there are four tocopherol isomers and four tocotrienol isomers. While the chromanol “heads” of the respective alpha, beta, gamma, and delta tocopherols and tocotrienols are the same, they differ in their hydrocarbon “tails.”
So, within the vitamin E family are two distinguished lines of tocols that share common chromanol “heads,” (which is why tocopherols and tocotrienols are both designated by the Greek a, b, g , and d letters) yet have different “tails.” Thus the vitamin E family actually consists of two sub-complexes, one tocopherol and one tocotrienol, both of which have distinct bio-activity and function.
Natural vs. Synthetic
"Natural Vitamin E supplements outperform synthetic forms, according to a VERIS Research Summary. Results of recent studies suggest that natural Vitamin E is more bioavailable and is retained in body tissues significantly longer than synthetic Vitamin E. These studies show that previously accepted differences were underestimated and that the bioavailability of natural Vitamin E is about twice that of synthetic Vitamin E compounds." (Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients, July 1999, p. 100)
Natural Vitamin E is derived from vegetable oils, primarily soybean oil. Synthetic Vitamin E is produced from petrochemicals. A key difference scientists are examining is the structure of the compounds.
In synthetic Vitamin E, seven of the stereoisomers have different molecular configurations and lower biological activities when compared to natural Vitamin E. That means, the synthetic versions are less capable at providing health benefits in the body.
Consumers will find natural Vitamin E by looking on the product's list of ingredients:
Natural = d alpha-tocopherol
Synthetic = dl alpha-tocopheryl
NOTE: the differences are easy when you know what to look for. When looking for a NATURAL form of Vitamin E, always select one that is "d" (not "dl") and the word tocopherol ends with "ol" (not "yl"). Research has shown that the human body strongly discriminates between natural and synthetic Vitamin E. One researcher who has studied this effect believes anyone taking Vitamin E should be taking the natural form. "Our studies suggest without question that natural Vitamin E delivers at least twice the impact as synthetic E," said Robert Acuff, PhD, Professor and Director, Center for Nutrition Research at East Tennessee State University. The natural form of Vitamin E is clearly the one our bodies were designed to use. Another study by Maret Traber, Associate Professor at the Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, found that the body seems to discriminate between the two forms, favoring retention of the natural form of Vitamin E for use within the body and excreting the synthetic form. The natural form of Vitamin E, such as our UNIQUE E, is simply a better product than the synthetic forms.
About A.C. Grace
The A.C. Grace Company was founded in 1962 by Roy Erickson, who after experiencing cardiovascular health challenges, devised an all natural form of Vitamin E to help himself feel his best. Roy experienced significant whole health effects from this superior product, and this led to selling it to friends and then health professionals and the vitamin/supplement retail industry. Roy lived until he was 93 years old and ran the company until his death in 2002. The company, located in Big Sandy, Texas and managed by the next generation of family, continues to manufacture and provide exactly the same product Roy invented many years ago under the name UNIQUE E. A.C. Grace believes their product is the one of the highest, if not the highest, quality Vitamin E supplements on the market. Their product is the natural form of Vitamin E, not the synthetic form found in many stores today. Their product contains no additives or fillers. It is extracted from soybeans, but it contains no soy oil. It is simply a pure Vitamin E product.
A.C. Grace's mission is to consistently provide their customers with products that show promising benefits to the body when taken correctly, in the correct dosage, and for the right reasons.
As a dietary supplement, take two (2) softgels daily.
|A.C. Grace - Unique Omega Krill Oil - 60 Softgels|
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Sorbitol, Purified Water, Lemon Oil
Contains: Fish from one or more of the following species: (Anchovy, Mackerel, Sardine, Herring, Tuna), and Shellfish/Crustaceans (Krill).
The A.C. Grace Company was founded in 1962 by Roy Erickson, who after experiencing three concurrent heart attacks, devised an all natural form of vitamin e to simply help him feel better. Roy's health started improving very quickly and this led to selling it to friends and then to health professionals and the vitamin/supplement retail industry.