- Availablity: Backordered
e-Mail Me When Back In Stock
Buy Tom's of Maine - Natural Toothpaste Propolis & Myrrh Fluoride-Free Spearmint - 5.5 oz. at LuckyVitamin.com
The above item is currently unabvailable from the manufacturer and is therefore out of stock. Please fill in the form below to receive a one time automated email alert which will confirm when this item is back in stock at LuckyVitamin.com
orders over $49
- 4 Points Lucky Rewards
- 100% Natural
- Artificial Colors Free
- Eco Friendly
- Cruelty Free
- Artificial Sweeteners Free
- Preservatives Free
- Artificial Flavors Free
- Triclosan Free View More
Tom's of Maine - Natural Toothpaste Propolis & Myrrh Fluoride-Free Spearmint - 5.5 oz.
- Code#: 71373
- Manufacturer: Tom's of Maine
- Size/Form: 5.50 oz.
- Packaged Ship Weight: 0.57
- Flavor title: Spearmint
Tom's of Maine - Natural Toothpaste Propolis & Myrrh Fluoride-Free Spearmint - 5.5 oz. (155.9 g)
Tom's of Maine Natural Spearmint Propolis & Myrrh Fluoride-Free Toothpaste is made for people who would rather use a toothpaste without fluoride, our fluoride-free toothpastes include two special herbal resins, propolis and myrrh, to promote a clean, healthy-feeling mouth.
Tom's of Maine Natural Spearmint Propolis & Myrrh Fluoride-Free Toothpaste does not contain saccharin; artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colors, or flavors; or animal ingredients. Contains xylitol to help prevent plaque and propolis & myrrh for a healthy-feeling mouth.
What makes a product good? At Tom's it's includes how they make it.
- No animal testing or animal ingredients
- Tom's share every ingredient, its purpose, and its source
- Sustainable practices are a priority in every aspect of their business
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Tom's strive to maximize recycled content and recyclability or their packaging.
Here are the things that Tom's of Maine does not put in their products:
- Animal ingredients: Tom's of Maine's support of non-animal-testing models also includes the belief that they don't need to use animal ingredients to create effective products. Just one example: glycerin, used in toothpastes and soaps, is often made from animal ingredients, but theirs is vegetable-based.
- Artificial colorants: Because Tom's does not add artificial colorants, the appearance of their products may vary from batch to batch.
- Artificial flavorings or scents: Tom's of Maine does not use any synthetic flavors, colorants, or scents. The customers that Tom's caters to prefer the fresh, natural taste and smell of herbs, fruits, and flowers (or no scent at all!).
- Artificial preservatives (EDTA, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.): Natural preservatives work as well or better than artificial alternatives. For example, they use rosemary to help guard freshness in their soaps.
Ethylene glycol:Ethylene glycol can be found in hair care products and facial/body washes as a fragrance ingredient, a solvent, and as an aid in controlling viscosity. Tom's of Maine uses water and ingredients derived from corn, coconut and palm kernel oils, and sea salt to control onsistency in Tom's body washes, and natural fragrances in all of Tom's products.
- Gluten: Aside from Tom's of Maine liquid hand soap and body wash, which contain wheat protein, all other Tom's of Maine products are gluten-free. They do not use alcohol, casein or caseinate, MSG, wheat, oats, barley, rye, malt, spelt, kamut, HPP, or HVP. None of their flavor oils are grain-distilled. Tom's does not use flour of any kind in their manufacturing process for conveyor belts or for any other purpose, and their containers are not dusted with flour before filling.
- Grapefruit seed extract: Studies have shown that natural preparations of this ingredient do not show antimicrobial activity; instead, it is commercial preparations that include synthetic antimicrobials or preservatives that show antimicrobial activity due to those artificial ingredients. Tom's instead uses hops for their natural antimicrobial action in their deodorants. (Armando, C., Maythe, S., Beatriz, N. P. Antioxidant activity of grapefruit seed extract on vegetable oils. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 1997 Dec:77(4):463-467.)
- Parabens: Parabens are used as fragrance ingredients or as preservatives. Tom's of Maine relies instead on natural preservatives and ingredients.
- Peroxides: Tom's of Maine does not use bleach or peroxide in our whitening toothpastes; instead they use silica from sand to clean your teeth and create a whiter appearance.
- Phthalates: Phthalates are used to improve the performance of some personal care/cosmetic products (for example, to fix fragrance in a formula), but Tom's of Maine has always avoided this class of ingredient.
- Saccharin or other artificial sweeteners: Many conventional toothpastes contain artificial sweeteners; Tom's customers prefer a less-sweet natural flavor. Tom's of Maine uses natural sweeteners such as xylitol and rely on the naturally delicious tastes of fruits and herbs to flavor our toothpastes.
- Triclosan: Tom's of Maine relies on naturally sourced zinc.
What makes a product good? At Tom's, it includes how they make it:
- No animal testing or animal ingredients.
- No artificial colors, flavors, fragrance or preservatives.
- They share every ingredient, its purpose and its source.
- Sustainable practices are a priority in every aspect of their business.
- Tom's Of Maine strives to maximize recycled content and recyclability of their packaging.
- 5% (12 days) of employee time to to volunteering. 10% of profits to human and environmental goodness.
Why Tom's of Maine Does What They Do
Reason for Being
- To serve our customers' health needs with imaginative science from plants and minerals;
- To inspire all those we serve with a mission of responsibility and goodness;
- To empower others by sharing our knowledge, time, talents, and profits; and
- To help create a better world by exchanging our faith, experience, and hope.
In 1988, after 18 years in business, the Tom's of Maine community realized that they needed to formalize their values and beliefs into foundational documents to help guide the future growth and management of their company. Led by Tom and Kate Chappell, the cofounders, the community met and grappled with such thorny philosophical concepts as ethics, science, legality, emotion, and morality and how it all applied to running a sustainable business eventually emerging with Tom's of Maine's Reason for Being.
Tom's of Maine Statement of Beliefs
- Belief that both human beings and nature have inherent worth and deserve our respect.
- Belief in products that are safe, effective, and made of natural ingredients.
- Belief that the company and our products are unique and worthwhile, and that we can sustain these genuine qualities with an ongoing commitment to innovation and creativity.
- Belief that they have a responsibility to cultivate the best relationships possible with our coworkers, customers, owners, agents, suppliers and community.
- Belief that different people bring different gifts and perspectives to the team and that a strong team is founded on a variety of gifts.
- Belief in providing employees with a safe and fulfilling work environment and an opportunity to grow and learn.
- Belief that competence is an essential means of sustaining our values in a competitive marketplace.
- Belief the company can be financially successful while behaving in a socially responsible and environmentally sensitive manner.
- Belief that they have an individual and collective accountability to the Company's beliefs, mission, destiny, and performance goals.
Brush thoroughly, preferably after each meal but at least twice a day, or as directed by a dentist or physician.
Calcium carbonate, water, glycerin, xylitol, Mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil and other natural flavors, Chondrus crispus (carrageenan), sodium lauryl sulfate, Commiphora myrrha (myrrh) resin extract, propolis extract.
Kennebunk, ME, Phone: 800-367-8667 Fax: 207-985-2196 Visit website
About Tom's of Maine
The concept of natural personal care—products made without artificial or animal ingredients or chemicals—is one whose time has come. Tom's of Maine has been at the forefront of this innovative idea since their founding in 1970, and thanks to this early leadership, today it is the number one natural care brand, with nearly 200 employees and 90 oral and body care products found at more than 40,000 retail outlets across the country and world.