- Availablity: In stock
- Usually Ships Within 24-48 Hours
orders over $49
- 2 Points Lucky Rewards
Monoi Tiare Tahiti - Coconut Oil Soap Bar Coconut - 4.55 oz.
- Code#: 108289
- Manufacturer: Monoi Tiare Tahiti
- Size/Form: 4.55 oz.
- Packaged Ship Weight: 0.35
Monoi Tiare Tahiti Coconut Oil Soap Bar Coconut 4.55 oz.
Monoi Tiare Tahiti Coconut Oil Soap Bar Tiare (Gardenia) is Coconut Oil Toilet Soap made with Monoi and the natural essence of Tahitian Gardenia. Monoi Tiare soaps contain Monoi and are delicately scented with the flowers used for making the oil. They are entirely natural and safe for the most delicate skin, and made without any animal ingredients. The Tiare Gardenia flower in cosmetic grade coconut oil provides all of the qualities of monoi to this soap. Monoi Tiare Tahiti has been a leading manufacturer of all-natural coconut oil products in French Polynesia since 1942. In the native Tahitian language, Monoi (pronounced Mon-oy) translates to "scented oil." It is a completely natural product which has long been revered by Polynesians for its skin moisturizing virtues. Monoi is specific to French Polynesia and is traditionally made from "tiare" (pronounced Tea-a-ray) flowers (Gardenia tahitensis) soaked in the highest grade coconut oil.
For centuries, Polynesian women's beauty secret has remained unchanged: MONOI. What is remarkable is that the monoi manufactured by Parfumerie TIKI since 1942 has lost nothing of the ancient benefits and still remains a cosmetic product in daily use. Contrary to the message given out to the general public in the media, monoi is much more than a simple sun-care product. It is mainly used to moisturize skin and protect hair:
- For the body: As a result of its powerful moisturizing properties, Tiki Tahiti Tiare Monoi is beneficial for moisturizing the body and is recommended to people suffering from dry and very dry skin. Applied after a bath or as drops diluted in the bath, monoi leaves the skin satiny and delicately fragranced. Monoi penetrates instantly into the skin and, used daily, provides natural moisturizing. It can be applied selectively to drier areas of the body, legs or elbows. TIKI Tahiti tiare monoi is a high quality and completely natural after-sun products since they leave a non-greasy moisturizing barrier on the skin.
- For hair: Monoi's protective properties are proven by the sumptuous hair of Polynesian women. Daily application to the ends of the hair balances the hair's texture. As a weekly hair-care mask, it is a fantastic beauty treatment for your hair. To do this, simply apply monoi generously to all hair when dry and wrap hair in plastic wrap for 30 minutes. After rinsing thoroughly, hair must be carefully washed. Before exposure to the sun, swimming in the sea or in a swimming pool, it is strongly advised to protect the hair with a few drops of monoi applied all over the hair.
- For the face: TIKI Tahiti tiare monoi is a totally natural product and can therefore be used without any risk as a facial beauty product. Any excess can be removed by simply wiping off with a soft face tissue.
- TIKI Tahiti tiare monoi leaves a water-resistant film on the skin which protects against cold, sea salt and wind damage. Warmed in the palm of the hands, it is ideal for massaging aching areas or to revive a feverish body. It is an effective after-sun which soothes sunburn.
The Original Monoi oil since 1942.
MONOI TIARE TAHITI is a French-Tahitian cosmetic oil consisting of pure coconut oil and the fragrance of tiare, the Tahitian Gardenia. The product is a refinement of an ancient Polynesian beauty secret and has been manufactured commercially since 1942. Centuries ago the people of Polynesia discovered that pure coconut oil is an essential secret for beautiful skin and hair. Coconut oil is a natural replacement for your body's skin and hair oils. The coconut oil used in Monoi Tiare Tahiti is so highly refined that it is quickly absorbed by your skin. This Tahitian beauty secret is now available to you.
No one knows either who first thought of combining the local tiare flowers with coconut extract to obtain a mixture just as exotic as its Polynesian name, MONOI, which in r'eo-maohi, their ancient language, literally means "scented oil".
What is known for sure is that several ancient documents dating as far back as the 18th Century, when the first Europeans navigators like James Cook came to visit the Polynesian Islands, already mention MONOI and its regular cosmetic use by the natives. Those documents also relate how, according to traditional oral legends gathered by the new visitors, MONOI always played an important role in the Polynesians' long standing traditions and culture and how it was so well integrated in their daily lives that they even brought it along in their famous crafts to protect their bodies from the elements during long journeys of discovery at sea.
Mixed with Tiare petals for example, (or even with some other local flowers) which were soaked into unrefined coconut oil for several days, Monoi was preserved by the natives into various recipients for daily cosmetic use or for personal care, for popular cures and even for religious rites.
In traditional medicine, MONOI was the most popular remedy, which the natives used to soothe a variety of ailments such as earaches, headaches or even mosquito bites. But the Polynesian used it especially in the refined art of therapeutic massages to which they attributed great healing powers. Nowadays, the undeniable benefits of MONOI are still much appreciated by the Polynesians who really enjoy using it to help relax their muscles and soothe their restless minds, before undertaking world-famous canoe races.
At birth, babies were covered with MONOI from head to toe and that simple ritual protected the newborns from most certain dehydration during extremely hot spells while it also served as the best natural antiseptic against mosquito bites. At death, the body of the deceased was carefully embalmed and perfumed with MONOI to help him accomplish this last great journey surrounded by the comfort of a familiar odor & In popular tradition, MONOI has followed the Polynesian people throughout their lives and apart form the religious rituals which no longer exits, it remains an integral part of their rich culture heritage.
Throughout centuries, MONOI has played an important role in the Polynesian way of life, whether during ancestral rites, in traditional medicine, local pharmacopoeia or in their personal care. Today, MONOI is still regarded as one of the main pillars of the rich Polynesian culture.
For generations, forever, the secret of beautiful Tahitian women has always been the same. the MONOI de TAHITI. A completely natural product with legendary virtues, the MONOI de TAHITI has endured the test of centuries without losing any of its unique qualities. Today, more than ever, it is an exceptional cosmetic and an ideal skin and hair care cosmetic. A naturally multi-purpose product and unmatched moisturizer, the MONOI de TAHITI deserves its rightful place in any modern-day bathroom next to other famous popular brand-names.
Enjoy some Monoi Tiare products today. It's as close as you can come to discovering some of the true pleasures of tropical Tahiti without being there!
Use as you would any other bar soap.
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Palm Acid, Palm Kernel Acid, Sodium Chloride.
Simi Valley, CA, Phone: 800-284-2598 Visit website
About Monoi Tiare Tahiti
Monoi Tiare Tahiti has been a leading manufacturer of all-natural coconut oil products in French Polynesia since 1942.